Arthur is a part-time PhD researcher with the Department of Science and Technology at the University of New England, focusing on white-box cryptography and its proposed mathematical models. He completed his Bachelor of Science with Honours and Master of Science degree at the University of Hertfordshire concentrating on Computer Science and Cybersecurity. He held several national and international software development and security positions in various organisation over a span of 16 years. Currently, he is employed as a Cryptographer at the Australian Payments Network (AusPayNet) where he is extensively involved in Australian Security Standards and International Cryptography Standards contributing to banking and payments systems. Also, he is a member of the International Association for Cryptologic Research (IACR), the Australian Information Security Association (AISA) and serves on the Technical Advisory Board of the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council and various industry committees and working groups as a local and international industry specialist, some of which are:
Standards Australia and International Standards Organisation (ISO) Bodies:
- (AS2805) Australian Standards: IT-005 Financial Transaction Systems
- ISO/TC 68/SC 2/WG 11: Encryption algorithms used in banking applications
- ISO/TC 68/SC 2/WG 13: Security in retail banking
- Open Banking Information Security Working Group.
Payment Card Industry (PCI) Working Groups:
- Mobile Security Working Group (PCI-SPoC, PCI-CPoC)
- Payment Card Industry PIN Assessment Working Group (PCI-PIN)
- Payment Card Industry Pin Transaction Security Working Group (PCI-PTS)
- Payment Card Industry Software Security Working Group (PCI-S3)
There are not a lot of resources in this industry when it comes to financial switching and transactional management, so feel free to share my work and use it as a baseline for your ATM and EFTPOS integration projects.
If you are interested in having me on-board, and helping your company, you can find my resume here: http://resume.arthurvandermerwe.com/
If you need to contact me with any questions, then please use the form below